Salesforce makes it easy for enterprises to build and customize their own Corporate app store
With AppExchange Store builder, Salesforce offers enterprises the power to build their own enterprise app store to distribute and share customized apps with users.
Salesforce has launched AppExchange Store Builder, a package with a template and tools for Salesforce clients to set up their own customized app store. From this centralized enterprise market place, mobile, web and desktop apps can be distributed internally or externally to partners and customers on any device.
Source : Salesforce.com
We are currently in what can be termed as the golden era for apps, with brilliant developers regularly publishing apps for every aspect of business. However, businesses are demanding that they have control over deployment, management and support and lastly that distribution is not limited to specific OS and be instead available to users with the major Operating systems.
AppExchange Store Builder addresses all the above. It is developed using Salesforce’s Force.com technologies, Apex code and VisualSource pages. It is offered as an unmanaged package so that developers and administrators have the resources needed to build and customize their store based on branding, analytics, authentication, licensing and integrate e-commerce needs.
Some features of AppExchange Store builder that brand leaders are taking notice of
- Once AppExchange Store builder is installed, it is easy for developers to install web, mobile, internally or third party developed apps on the corporate app store. All that is needed is an installation URL to the app.
- There is the option of branding the corporate store with design, logos and the ability to upload up to 5 cyclically rotating images on the banner. This gives users a trusting and familiar feel with the brand.
- Developers can upload salient details for each app with resources like video demos, testimonials and other required information.
- It is very simple to setup of app listings based on functionality or category and build a partner app ecosystem.
- Chatter feeds can be included for users to interact, receive feedback and offer support, basically creating conversations around apps which is eventually the best marketing tools for an app.
- Several languages are supported, giving the corporate store broader reach to worldwide clients.
- Allows direct delivery to stake holders on their smart devices using Windows, Android or iOS operating systems. This addressed the increasing number of people using their own devices at work or on the field.
- Has inbuilt analytics to view statistics about app downloads, track usage or views.
- Dashboards to generate reports on app performance.
- Provides the ability to integrate the payment provider of choice.
In terms of pricing, AppExchange Store builder is free to download for users with access to Salesforce AppExchange and for other users costs $5 per month for customer community licenses.
The other side
It should be noted that AppExchange Store builder is offered as a template and if the code is changed after download, Salesforce does not provide support for it.
In terms of security, admins have to conduct their own security reviews for third party apps that they want on their app stores.
At the end of the day leading brand enterprises aim to publish new and in demand apps, maximize downloads and monetize the transactions. With AppExchange Store Builder, Salesforce clients have a ready to use platform that can be customized and provide a centralized app distribution platform.
Salesforce.com Inc is always ahead of the curve when it comes to innovations to its native Salesforce platform and great at foreseeing market needs. With more companies trending towards their own app stores, it will be interesting to watch adoption and innovations for the AppExchange Store Builder platform.
1018 total views, 2 today