Salesforce.com turns 15, globally leads cloud based CRMs and inspires Careers in Salesforce
Technology companies have been highly prolific in the past few decades. Every few years has seen the coming of age of a company that is a game changer in the way we use technology .These innovative companies change all existing trends and impact global markets. These are the companies that we all secretly wish to be a part of.
Salesforce is one of them, a $25 billion company with 12 000 employees, this year celebrated its 15 years in the software industry and featured as Fortune’s #7 on the list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For; for the sixth consecutive year.
Mark Benioff, now Chairman, and CEO created Salesforce in 1999.
He had 30 years of industry experience, had formative years at Apple and leadership experience at Oracle but he had to travel the hard road to finance his venture.
Silicon Valley venture capitalists repeatedly refused to invest in his start up so he had to personally raise money through friends to start Salesforce.
Today Salesforce is the global provider of enterprise cloud computing and social enterprise solutions.
15 years after its creation, Salesforce is now the world’s CRM leader with Microsoft’s Dynamics CRM as its closest competition.
A few features that give Salesforce its competitive edge
1. Pioneer of cloud based CRM. Salesforce was designed as a web based application from its inception.
2. Built from scratch. Salesforce has its own technology and on demand development tools allow rapid innovation and development of highly customizable products.
3. Mobile accessibility. Optimized Apps give clients tools to take care of business on the go.
4. Enterprise social network. Salesforce Chatter allows real time interactions, increased visibility and problem solving.
5. Strategic acquisitions and partnerships. Chatter, Work.com, Visual Workflow, Site.com are some examples of very successfully implemented products.
6. Continuous upgrades. Salesforce has 3 releases in a year, with automatic upgrades and patches for existing clients.
7. Giving back to society. Philantropy has been a core value for Salesforce right from the beginning. Salesforce donates 1% of its profit, 1% equity and 1% employee time to organizations that are trying to better the world.
8. Dreamforce. Salesforce’s annual user conference held in San Francisco has become the cloud computing event of the year for networking, product launches and exhibits. Dreamforce 2013 was the world’s largest software event with over 135 000 attendees registration.
Salesforce is one of the best companies to work for, one that is continuously expanding and innovating. As more businesses continue to migrate to the cloud, Salesforce is all set to maintain its lead in the market.
So if you are a business analyst, a developer, an administrator or a Salesforce consultant, this is an exciting time to be in the business. There is a lot to look forward to and a great time to further your career with Salesforce.
JobsinSalesforce.com aims to bring Salesforce recruiters and job seekers together.
Our easy to navigate listing platform allows recruiters to quickly post their open Salesforce positions while offering job seekers directly application access for these positions.
Join us now, whether you’re looking for your dream job in salesforce or in need of Salesforce talent, jobsinsalesforce.com is here to help.
599 total views, 1 today